Plax Tells Larry Deep Dark Secret
King of All Media - Larry King gets the real truth from Plaxico Burress.
TSD has obtained a transcript of a taped interview conducted by CNN’s Larry King. It was decided that the interview Mr. King conducted with NY Giants’ Wide Receiver Plaxico Burress not run. Burress described to King the advantages of the controversial shooting incident he was involved in.
LARRY KING: I’M HERE WITH PLAXICO BURRESS. PLAXICO, WELCOME.
PLAXICO BURRESS: HELLO LARRY. LOVE YOUR SHOW MAN.
LK: THANK YOU. NOW, LET’S GET RIGHT INTO IT. OFF AIR YOU TOLD ME THAT THE REPORTS STATING THAT THE SHOOTING WAS ACCIDENTAL WERE FALSE AND THAT YOU SHOT YOURSELF ON PURPOSE. IS THAT TRUE? AND IF SO, WHY DID YOU SHOOT YOURSELF ON PURPOSE?
PB: I WANTED TO PROVE TO THE DOUBTERS OUT THERE THAT I WAS REASON THE GIANTS GOT TO AND WON THE SUPER BOWL LAST YEAR. NOW I’M OUT, AND WHERE ARE THE GIANTS? HOME, THAT’S WHERE. HOME WITHOUT “PLAX” ON THE FIELD. ‘NUFF SAID, RIGHT?
King scratches his head, incredulous.
PB: AND WHAT’S MORE, I PREDICT FITZ AND HINES WILL JOIN ME BEFORE NEXT SEASON.
LK: PARDON ME?
PB: YOU HEARD ME. I PREDICT LARRY FITZGERALD AND HINES WARD WILL JOIN ME BEFORE NEXT SEASON’S SUPER BOWL.
LK: BY “JOIN YOU” YOU MEAN SHOOTING THEMSELVES?
PB: YEAH. THAT’S RIGHT. NOTHING SERIOUS OF COURSE – NOTHING THAT’S GOING TO JEOPARDIZE THEIR CAREERS. I’D SAY SOMEWHERE BETWEEN A FLESH WOUND AND A GENUINE PAIN IN THE ASS.
LK: LET ME MAKE SURE I HEARD THIS CORRECTLY, BECAUSE I’M ELDERLY. YOU SAID, ‘JOIN YOU BY SHOOTING THEMSELVES???’
PB: ABSOLUTELY LARRY. I’D REALLY LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT
LK: WAIT A MINUTE. YOU DIDN’T TELL ME THE ADVANTAGE.
PB: WHAT? I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT? IT’S A BARGAINING CHIP BABY. IF YOU DON’T PAY ME WHAT I WANT, I’LL START TAKING OUT MY BODY PARTS UNTIL YOU DO.
LK: THAT’S BLACKMAIL.
PB: I PREFER THE WORD ‘EXTORTION’ – BUT BLACKMAIL’S COOL. PEACE & LOVE, BABY, PEACE & LOVE!
LK: PEACE & LOVE INDEED PLAXICO; GOOD LUCK YOUNG MAN.
(King pauses momentarily, then looks into the camera)
LK: WELL FOLKS, YOU HEARD IT HERE, EXCLUSIVELY ON THE LARRY KING SHOW. NEXT WEEK, IT’S THE BEST OF LARRY KING. AND THE WEEK AFTER THAT, I’M GOING TO SHOOT MYSELF.
- What are the Odds? Legendary Prognosticator Ernie Epps Sizes Up Super Bowl 43.
- TSD Contributing Editor Victoria Gotch Cuts Super Bowl XLIII Down to Size
- Man Who Hurled Shoes at President Bush Immediately Signed by Yankees
- Blagojevich Update: Gov Was to Join as Fifth Beatle in 1965 Version of National Anthem at Yankee Stadium
- TSD’s Investigative Series: Searching for Dorian Boyland - Part Four: Dave Runs Over an Old Man
- TSD’s Investigative Series: Searching for Dorian Boyland - Part Three: The Seventh Inning Stretch Limo
- TSD’s Investigative Series: Searching for Dorian Boyland - Part Two: Incident at the Econo Lodge
- TSD’s Investigative Series: Searching for Dorian Boyland - Part One: The Phenom
- Satellite Imagery of Mars Shows What May Have Been Early Baseball Park
- From Paul Newman Lost Memoirs: I kicked that punk Tom Cruise’s ass at pool.
- From the Diary of TSD British Correspondent Carl Davies: My Quest for American Football
- Ivy League Chemistry Graduate Students to Shape Shift during Football Halftime Show
- TSD Asks Bigfoot: Is Hoaxing a Sport? Recent Hoaxers Actually Killed by Bigfoot
- ‘Roids Ravage the Runway: Super Models Exposed as Clemens Affair Takes Unexpected Turn
- Mike Tyson: "The Whole Thing’s a Sham. I’m Actually a Shakespearian Actor"
Ex-Champ Talks with Sportsman’s Daily
- Gisele Bundchen Backtracks on Promise to Run Naked Through Manhattan if the Pats Lose
“If Anyone Needs to See Me Naked Right Now, it’s Tom”
- Larry Bynon, 49 Year Old Inventor of Paper Football Loses Eye in Freak Field Goal Mishap
Bynon, regarded as the father of Paper Football suffered a devastating injury while demonstrating the game he created to a group of fourth graders in Blairstown, New Jersey.
- Learning to Love NASCAR…or Die Trying
A Special Sportsman’s Daily Report: Dan Milch files from inside the Checker Auto Parts 500 – literally inside, as he rode shotgun with NASCAR veteran Ricky Rudd.
- Lock Down
Ric "Word" Testaverde
The Sportsman's Daily sideline reporter Ric “Word” Testaverde, Federal Inmate 18230-1113
with Clutch Parker
Clutch sinks in and towels off with football great Terry Bradshaw
- Time Capsule Feature
Killebrew Feasted on Fastballs, Then Feasted on Woodland Creatures
- The Next Best Thing
The Sportsman's Daily Talks with Whiffle Ball Legend Biff Wallace About New “Gyroball” Pitch Expected to Wreak Havoc on MLB
- Hard-Nosed Agent Drew Rosenhaus Looks For a Hug, Gets a Huggie Instead
Not So Nice Advice
- Ask Andre - The Sportsman's Daily is proud to feature, Ask Andre with Andre Morrelenbaum, the award-winning journalist, TSD Radio correspondent, and world renowned curmudgeon. Ask Andre, and beware!
The Authors of The Sportsman’s Daily